Mobile Software Engineer
The Mobile Software Engineer will participate as part of the Product Engineering team and help produce upcoming versions of the core CENTRI products. This position will have you working on mobile applications, focusing on the Android, Windows Mobile and iOS platforms. You should have a good sense of product design, have solid development habits (e.g., unit testing, technical design documentation, etc.), and have good experience with backend server technologies. Mobile programming experience is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mobile client side software development tasks involving a wide variety of mobile software projects
- Participate in team design and troubleshooting discussions related to current projects
- Manage development tasks from start to finish and provide regular updates on status
- Produce documentation to support development projects, including design specifications
Desired Education, Experience & Qualities:
- Must have a B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, MIS, EE or equivalent
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small start-up environment
- Experience in telecommunications/wireless industry required
- Experience with standard software development methodologies
- 5+ years of software development experience for Mobile devices
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Development experience with two or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows PC, Mac OS
- Experience with network programming and internet protocols.
- Understanding and experience in developing multi-threaded applications.
- Strong understanding of web and web-related technologies
- Strong experience with object-oriented programming, e.g., Java, C#, Objective-C, Python, or Ruby.
- Familiarity with XML and XML Schema.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.